Thursday, January 21, 2010

Stairway and Upstairs Hallway

No major changes to the stairway. This is just when we were tearing off the last layer of wallpaper. It was fun on this part to get to the wall underneath and there were little pieces of history. There was a note that said "Corey was here" and little scribble marks. I just wondered how long ago Corey was there! I love that this place has some history.
Our stairway now. We still haven't had time to lay the new carpet. We have it rolled up in the upstairs library, but I'm guessing that will be a spring or summer project too.
This is at the top of the stairs between the kids' rooms. There was a false ceiling up here and when we tore it out we realized they had wallpapered the ceiling. That was a chore to get off. It gave me a serious shoulder workout. Here I am cleaning up after Cody re-mudded and sanded the walls. It looks like it snowed!
Here's the end result. No major changes to anyone that didn't remove wallpaper, then paneling , then 3 more layers of wallpaper in this part of the house. This looks wonderful to those of us that saw the scraping process on these walls. I wish I had pictures.

No comments: