Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Boys' Room

I forgot to take a picture of this room before we got started. The day we bought the house we were so excited we came out to the house and started tearing wallpaper off that night and their room is where we started so I didn't get a picture. But here's Cody tearing off wallpaper. This was one of the worst rooms to get the wallpaper off. I think there were 5 or 6 layers and they were OLD!!! I felt like I was traveling back in time with each layer that I pulled off. You can see behind Cody where the ceiling is slanted the plaster was coming off so we started pulling off plaster and it was falling in huge chunks.
Here's a picture after we took off all the bad plaster. This also shows the door that we took out. The opening is barely showing to the left of the door leaning against the wall.

We also added a little closet in this room for the boys. Here it's just framed in.

This is when we were almost ready to start painting. I was so excited at this point!!! It almost looked like a place I could consider living in.



No comments: