Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lewis and Clark Caverns

This summer was a little crazy. Cody was gone for 5 weeks to officer training. We did fine at home. We had a few mishaps, but we had so many people that helped us.
A week or so after Cody left our favorite dog, Soka, (yes the one we got the goats to keep her around) was hit by a car and killed. We were so sad. We just don't have very good luck with dogs. Anyway, she was only about 7 months old, but she was a big dog. I didn't know how I could dig a hole big enough and deep enough to bury her so Bro. Brezenski from our ward came and did it for me. It was a wonderful act of service to me and my kids. The kids wanted to bury her so that night after he had dug the hole we went out and buried her together. I was proud of my kids.
Anyway, a couple of weeks before Cody got home the kids and I drove out to Idaho to spend some time with my family and then he flew to Salt Lake to meet us after his training. We were so glad to see him!!
We went to Montana after he joined us. This was the group of us at Lewis and Clark Caverns.

Cody, his mom, Jess, Rylan, and Isaac coming up the trail. It was a beautiful view from up there.

Tired and waiting to enter the caverns at the top of the trail.
It was a good time for all of us and the caverns were really cool.



No comments: