Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, I have some serious catching up to do. There are a few things that I just don't want to leave off the record. So you'll have to excuse my backing up about 6 months. I started getting behind in my blog (and in the rest of my life for that matter) when I got pregnant. I'm about 7 1/2 months along now so 6 months ago was about when I was starting to feel sick. So as you see my pictures you may notice a house in total disarray and that is the explanation as embarrassing as it is.


This was Mother's Day. My kids did the most thoughtful thing for me. Back in April Diantha let me borrow her shark mop so I could try it out. Well, having a house with all hardwood floors, I fell in love with it. My kids knew this and they went to Cody and told him they wanted to get me one for Mother's Day. He told them it was kind of expensive and he asked them how they thought we could pay for it. Well, I guess they thought about it for a couple of days and they came back to Cody with their solution. They said they were willing to give up their hot lunches for the rest of the school year to pay for it. This probably would mean nothing to kids who get hot lunches every day, but my kids don't. It's too expensive for us to let them all have hot lunch every day so we let them choose a few per person each month and it is a highlight for them. They love it. So to have them make a personal sacrifice to get me a gift they knew I would like meant so much to me. When Cody told me what they did I cried of course. I have very thoughtful, wonderful children. Thanks for being great kids!!!!


1 comment:

MyrLynn said...

That is so sweet. I would have cried too!