Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Mayor's Run

I love to run the Mayor's Run with the kids every year. It's a 1-mile run around the capital building. Cody is usually not available to go with us (I'm starting to think that he schedules himself on purpose!!) but we have a great time. Here we are just before we left the house.

These are some of the kids from our school that ran. The lady to the right is Mrs. Brandt the wellness teacher.


Here we are at the starting line for our first time through the race. We were about to run with Maleah's age group.

This was after our second time through the race. Between Maleah's and Jessica's age-groups I added a couple more kids to my team. Abbie and Eliza joined us because Steve had to work for a couple hours and Katie was out of town. So I did round two with six kids in tow. It went quite well. We were proud of ourselves, especially Abbie because it was her first race!!





1 comment:

Sharla Spencer said...

Jana, you know what they say..."if your going to be dumb, you better be tough"! I don't know which one you are to run with that many kids(on purpose), but I do know I'm just not that tough enough. You go girl!! Love ya!