Friday, October 24, 2008


On October 11th I ran in my first relay race.  It was so much fun!  It was an 86-mile run from the old market in Omaha to the Haymarket in Lincoln. I was on a team of 8 women.  We started at 6:30 am and took turns running different distances throughout the day.  I was runner #7 and I ran 3 different legs of the race.  My first leg was 3 miles, the second was just over 5 1/2 miles, and the last leg was around 3 1/2 miles.  I ran the final leg into Lincoln and my family was there to meet me.  Here I am with my big supporters.  It was so fun to have them there!



Here is my team.  From left to right:  Kristen, Charmaine, Ashley, Becky, Katie, Me, Sonia, and Jessy.  There were some fun things about our team.  It was Charmaine, Ashley, Katie, Sonia, and Jessy's first race.  Five of the eight of us were breastfeeding so if anyone had been paying attention to our team vehicle they would have seen more bags of breastmilk coming out of it than any other vehicle in the race.  It was quite entertaining!  We had a really fun group and we had a great time together!

No comments: